Wondering what all the hubbub is about when it comes to Digital Signage? Well, we looked into it. We found 20 of the most compelling facts that support why businesses of any size need Digital Signage as part of their in-store marketing experience. In no particular order, they are:
- 4 out of 5 shoppers say a video showing how a product or service works is important.
- 4 times as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
- The brain processes images 60,000 times faster than it does text.
- Digital displays capture 400% more views than static displays
- Digital Signage has a higher recall rate (52%) than television ads (32%), radio ads, 27%, magazines (21%), and billboard (30%).
- Digital displays can potentially double audience information retention.
- 1 in 5 people made an unplanned purchase after seeing an ad via digital signage.
- 4 out of 5 brands noticed up to a 33% increase in sales through the use of digital signage.
- On average, one additional on-premise sign results in an increase in annual sales revenue of 4.75%.
- 68% of American consumers have made a purchase because a sign caught their interest.
- Digital Signage near the checkout has been proven to increase sales, with 7 out of 10 customers upsold by a digital screen that caught their eye.
- Consumers overestimate how long they have been waiting by 36 percent.
- Digital signage reduces perceived wait times by as much as 35 percent.
- 74% of all purchase decisions are made in-store.
- 84% of all consumers said they’ve like a company video in their newsfeed.
- 63% of people report that digital signage catches their attention.
- 29.5% of customers find digital menus influential for the purchase of a product.
- Digital signage generates a 32.8% growth in repeat customers.
- 59% of people who see digital signage want to learn more about an advertised topic.
- Forrester researcher Dr. James McQuivey estimates that one minute of video is equal to 1.8 million words.
This article is Part 2 in a multi-part series. To read Part 2, click here.
Interested in what Digital Signage can do for your business? Take the next step by requesting more information today.